Why are so many people willing to dismiss anime?



This is one of the major reasons why I started this blog.  While having a place to talk about anime is fantastic, my true motivation was finding out why so many people absolutely hate anime without knowing anything about it.  Hopefully I can change a few minds as time rolls on.

I know that it's 'cool' to hate what other people hate.  That's just the way our culture works, especially when it comes to the internet.  People are way more interested in hating things and bashing people than they are offering praise or constructive criticism.  For every person out there that hates anime with a passion, I bet there are 10 others that hate anime only because they hear others say the same thing.

I'd love to sit down and chat with people that dislike anime and have formulated opinions/reasoning as to why.  I'm going to try and put together pieces like this.  Perhaps some video interviews with people around town, or question and answer sessions with people that I know.  One way or another, we'll figure out why people are so quick to judge anime.

I really do hope I can start to turn some of those opinions around.  I know you guys will help me achieve that goal.  Let's show people what anime is all about!