Did Adult Swim try to pick up an anime, only to get shut out?

I had Adult Swim on in the background while working, as I usually do, and I noticed this bump out of the corner of my eye.  I paused the DVR and grabbed a pic for you guys.



As you know, Adult Swim airs quite a bit of anime on Saturdays.  They also love to post humorous bumps, but some of them seem to have a truthful tone to them.  That's what I'm wondering about with this very bump!  I know that Adult Swim has tried to pick up a few anime features in the past, but they were shot down for various reasons.  That could be exactly what's going on here.

Then again...maybe it's just a joke altogether.  I mean, at first glance, FLCL seems to be incomprehensible!  I still don't know how Adult Swim managed to convince the higher-ups to put that into a time slot, but I'm forever grateful that they did!