What anime should I purchase?


I'm going to have the opportunity to pick up more anime than usual a little later this month, and I thought I would turn to you guys for some help.  August 19th is my birthday, and I plan on asking for anime as much as possible! There are a few series/movies that I know I want, but I'm always open to new ideas as well.  That's where you guys come in!

Do you have any suggestions for anime that you consider must-see?  It can be movies or series, it doesn't matter to me.  Obviously I'm looking more for self-contained series in box sets or something like that.  I can't exactly ask for Lupin the Third or Bleach!  I'm not sure anyone likes me enough to buy me that much anime, nor should they!

Leave a comment here, or on the Twitter account or even my email to let me know what you recommend.  I'm trusting you guys with this one!