Natsuki No Prelude

My Friend Luu asked me to help promote this but I completely forgot about it. I just remembered yesterday.


Credits: Luu Sky Sapphire and Midori Sugiura99

Yoshino Hiroyuki's "Natsuki no Prelude". This is a text translation of the story about Natsuki's past that was featured in both Mai-HiME Animation Books.

Here's a preview (and the best part) of the story

...Love. An emotion Shizuru held for her. When her feelings were rejected, Shizuru fell apart.

Love was an emotion that, to Natsuki who had not yet truly desired for it, was still something she didn't understand.

Seeing the Shizuru's violent emotions, and the feelings that both Mai and Shiho had for Yuuichi, it just made the word something to be scared of.

"I... really don't want to know about love."

Why was this. Why did people desire another...? And why were these feelings so strong that they could hold this maddening power...?

She may have still dreaded the strength of these feelings, but to be told "I like you" ----- being the object of someone's affection, just a little, was something that made her happy. She was certain of that.

"But maybe.... maybe people live because they love..."

Sakomizu's awkwardly blurted words showed the he had even had these feelings himself.

He sighed.

Natsuki smiled.

Distancing herself from Takeda's feelings had been an easy task for her. She felt relief, and even a little nostalgia as she thought about it. She hadn't given him any reply, besides a sending a short message that said "Thank you. I'm sorry." before he left when the school was closed down.

There was someone else for Natsuki ------ someone whose feelings she knew she wanted to truly accept.

Even if she didn't fully understand these feelings, she wanted to answer.

----- I have decided which path I want to take....

Even if she didn't have the same feelings Shizuru desired.

She loved Shizuru ----- that was the truth.

"I pray the best for you..."

With that final whispter, Sakomizu left.



Awesome right? I don't know about you but that part made me sooo happy.

Read the entire story here.

Overall rating:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------