What anime freaked you out the most?

With all types of anime out there, you're bound to hit upon something that isn't going to sit right with you.  You can't possibly like every bit of anime that comes out, and every once in a great while you'll view something that is going to stick in your mind whether you like it or not.  It may have been a tad too creepy for you, or just downright scary.  Maybe it was plain weird, and just thinking about it gives you goosebumps.

This topic comes into my head right now because I've just watched two anime features that startled me in different ways.  As I've stated before, Dance in the Vampire Bund has some very questionable scenes that will forever make me feel a bit skeeved out.  Those scenes simply aren't going to be removed from my memory until I leave this earth!  I hope I'm around for a long time, but I'm none too happy about those specific portions of the anime sticking with me!


On a completely different level is Paprika.  This movie has some of the most amazing imagery I've ever seen.  Some truly innovative and original ideas pouring forth on the screen.  It just so happens that a few of those images can be a bit startling.  There are a few rather grotesque images that, coupled with their smooth animation, really leave a lasting imprint.  Nothing to wake me up in a cold sweat at night, but still, imagery that I'll never forget.

Out of all the anime content you've checked out in your life, what imagery managed to really creep you out?  I'd love to hear, and I apologize for stirring up any bad memories!