The state of anime: fans

I thought I'd start to do features on the different aspects of anime as far as the entire movement is concerned.  I think it's really important for fans to speak up on how they feel about the direction anime is moving in.  If we don't voice our opinion on these topics, the industry is going to get completely out of whack, at least when it concerns American audiences.

I think the most important topic to talk about first is anime fans themselves!  I'm specifically looking for those that are interested in discussing the topic of anime localization in the states or in Europe.  Obviously we're not getting anywhere near the amount of content that's coming out in Japan, and I don't expect it to be like that.  I just want to know if you guys are happy with what's coming out of Japan.

I know that a lot of fans feel that the localization dubs aren't that great, and many fans will watch episodes of anime with original Japanese voices and read through subs.  I personally feel that voice work in the states has come a very long way since the early days of anime localization, but there are still some poor quality works out there.  It all depends on the localization house and the actors behind it, and sometimes there's just not enough people that care about a project to do it well.

That's my big gripe right now.  What do you guys have to say about anime output in the states/Europe right now?  Do you feel that your voice is being heard, and that it matters?